- Councils & Commissions
- City Council
- Deputy Mayor James A. Restucci
Deputy Mayor James A. Restucci
Deputy Mayor James A. "Jim" Restucci was elected to the Sunnyside City Council in 2003 and is currently serving his fifth term. Deputy Mayor Restucci has twice served as mayor pro tem: 2006-2008; 2009-2010, and has served as mayor four times, 2010-2012; 2013-2014; 2014-2016, 2016-2018. He served as city’s 29th and 31st mayor,respectively. His current term (Position 6 – At-Large) expires December 31, 2023.
Deputy Mayor Restucci represents the city, county and state on numerous boards and commissions and holds leadership positions on the following:
- Commissioner, Washington State Transportation Commission (Eastern WA)
- Chairman, Washington State Autonomous Vehicle Workgroup Executive Committee
- Member, Washington State Unmanned Systems Industry Council
- Member, Washington State Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council
- Executive Chairman, Yakima Valley Conference of Governments
- Chairman, Yakima Valley Transportation Policy Board
- Vice Chairman, Sunnyside Municipal Airport Advisory Board
- Chairman, Sunnyside High School STEM Advisory Committee
- AWC Past President (2016-2017), Association of Washington Cities (AWC)
Deputy Mayor Restucci served on the AWC Board of Directors representing the cities and towns of the 4th district from 2010-2018, including serving as AWC Secretary (2014), Vice President (2015) and President in 2016. As an AWC Past President he is part of the team that helps to shape the AWC Legislative Agenda and supports and provides guidance to the current AWC President.
From 2012-2018, Deputy Mayor Restucci served on the National Association of Regional Councils (NARC) Board of Directors (Region XV), representing the 10 Councils of Government (COGs) in Washington and
the 12 COGs in Oregon before Congress and President.
Since 2010, Deputy Mayor Restucci has served as chairman of the Yakima Valley Conference of Governments, Executive Committee and Yakima Valley Transportation Policy Board.
Deputy Mayor Restucci has been awarded both the Certificate of Municipal Leadership (2006) and the Advanced Certificate of Municipal Leadership (2009) from the Association of Washington Cities. In 2012, Deputy Mayor Restucci was named the Spirit of Sunnyside Public Official of the Year by the Sunnyside Chamber of Commerce.
Deputy Mayor Restucci served as a member of the U.S. Army (1984 to 1994) and Washington Army National Guard (AGR) from 1994 to 2004. He is a lifetime member of the Sunnyside Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #3482 and was awarded the State of Washington Guardsman’s Medal for Heroism in January 1999 by Governor Gary Locke.
In his professional life, Deputy Mayor Restucci is president and chief technology officer of Axcess Corporation™ He is married to DeLeesa Restucci (Hochhalter) and they have two grown sons, Dylan and Alex.
- Subcommittee on Public Safety
- Subcommittee on Community Development
- Subcommittee on Rules
- Arts Commission
- Yakima Conference of Governments Executive Committee
Disclaimer Notice: Public documents and records are available to the public as provided under the Washington State Public Records Act (WPRA) (RCW 42.56). Communication with this office may be considered subject to the WPRA and may be disclosed to a third-party requestor.
James RestucciDeputy Mayor
818 E. Edison Avenue
Sunnyside, WA 98944