Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
2024 Request for Proposals
The City of Sunnyside Lodging Tax Advisory Committee is soliciting written proposals for the use of lodging fund dollars to develop, promote, and/or enhance tourism in the City of Sunnyside. Applicants must submit seven copies of the proposal response in a sealed envelope no later than WEDNESDAY, JULY 26, 2023 at 4 PM to the City Clerk’s Office.
Special meetings, as called
- Chair Mike Farmer - Elected Official, December 31, 2023
- Vice Chair Lindsee Curfman (Sunnyside Rotary Club) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2023
- Tom Denlea - Lodging Tax Collector, December 31, 2020
- Amy Rubio (A&A Promotions) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2022
- One representative from City Council who serves as Chair
- Two representatives of businesses are required to collect lodging tax under RCW 67.28
- Two representatives involved in activities authorized to be funded by lodging tax revenue under RCW 67.28
- Review grant applications, and requests for proposals, and make recommendations to the City Council regarding the allocation of local lodging tax funds in accordance with RCW 67.28.1817 and Sunnyside Municipal Code 2.50.120.
- Review and comment on any proposed imposition of lodging tax, increase in the rate of lodging tax, repeal of an exemption from lodging tax, or change in the use of revenue received from lodging tax (RCW 67.28.1817).