Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- As called
Staff LiaisonJacqueline Renteria, City Clerk
818 E. Edison Ave.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 836-6310
Fx: (509) 837-3268
- Chair Julia Hart - Elected Official, December 31, 2022
- Vice Chair Amy Rubio (A&A Promotions) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2022
- Lindsee Curfman (Sunnyside Rotary Club) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2023
- Peggy Beeler - Lodging Tax Collector, June 30, 2025
- Tom Denlea - Lodging Tax Collector, December 31, 2020
The committee is comprised of:
- Review grant applications, requests for proposals, and make recommendations to the City Council regarding allocation of local lodging tax funds in accordance with RCW 67.28.1817 and Sunnyside Municipal Code 2.50.120.
- Review and comment on any proposed imposition of lodging tax, increase in the rate of lodging tax, repeal of an exemption from lodging tax, or change in the use of revenue received from lodging tax (RCW 67.28.1817).
2023 Request for Proposals - AVAILABLE NOW
The City of Sunnyside Lodging Tax Advisory Committee is soliciting written proposals for the use of lodging fund dollars to develop, promote, and/or enhance tourism in the City of Sunnyside. Applicants must submit seven copies of the proposal response in a sealed envelope no later than WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2022 at 4 PM to the City Clerk’s Office.
Cinco de Mayo RFP - CLICK HERE
Sunnyside Sunshine Days RFP - CLICK HERE
Lighted Farm Implement - CLICK HERE
General RFP - CLICK HERE