Fire & Ambulance Services
- Fire suppression
- Fire prevention
- Specialized Rescue:
- Confined space rescue
- High/Low angle rope rescue
- Trench rescue
- Water rescue (non-swift water),
- Emergency Medical Response:
- Advance Life Support
- Basic Life Support Care
- Intermediate Life Support
- Transport Services
A message from Fire Chief Anderson regarding COVID-19:
- We continue to provide 24-hour response to the needs of the community. We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 news and continuing to take precautions to both protect our crews and prevent potential transmission if we respond to a possible COVID-19 patient. The SFD is following the most updated guidance provided through CDC, Washington Department of Health, Yakima Health District, and the Yakima County EMS Physician Medical Director’s office
- Yakima County 911 is now pre-screening calls for service to determine existence of symptoms associated with the Flu or COVID-19. Because of this, an attempt to best pair the available resources to each patient’s specific needs will be optimized to ensure efficiency and our ability to provide the very highest quality care, transport and patient outcomes.
- We may limit discretionary operations such as fire code inspections, CPR classes, and station tours to maintain social distancing.
- Although our staff are not able to provide medical advice, they are well trained and fully qualified to perform clinical assessments and provide information and important contact numbers to assist patients in making medical decisions.